So far, there is not much information about this new unit, but here are the key points:
- FM3 is a compact floor unit with three onboard switches.
- Uncompromising sound quality and road-worthy reliability.
- Easy-to-use front panel interface, plus free FM3 Edit software.
- Features ARES Amp Modeling developed for the Axe-Fx III.
- Hundreds of accurate models with real tube amp sound and feel.
- 2200+ Ultra-Res™ factory cabs and 2000+ user cab slots.
- Impressive multi-effects capability based on Axe-Fx III.
- 3-Core “Griffin” Processor plus dedicated GPU.
- FASLINK II allows adding up to two FC-12/FC-6 controllers.
- Ultra-low noise instrument input plus XLR stereo main outputs.
- Additional Stereo I/O Pair, plus headphone & SPDIF outputs.
- 4×4 USB Audio, 2 onboard switch/pedal jacks, MIDI In & Out/Thru
It was also reported that performance would be comparable to AX8 and only one amp block could be used.
According to the official G66 statement, the price in Europe should be between EUR 1200-1300 including VAT and three years warranty.
What do you think about it? Is it worth upgrading from AX8?