Very useful if you want to use Axe-Fx II presets with a Tone Match block on your AX8!
Here is the procedure shown visually. If the images are too small on your monitor, download them to your computer for full size.
1. Use any preset with Tone Match block.
2. Open FracTool and load the preset in "View" mode.
3. Right-click to select "Export ToneMatch" and Save for AX8. The file is saved as .SYX (Cab file for Cab-Lab 3 you need in a minute).
4. Now save the AX8 preset itself. Note that the Tone Match block has disappeared. It's alright. Cab block later replaces this place in the grid.
5. Quit FracTool and open Cab-Lab 3. Connect to your AX8 and load the SYX file that you obtained by converting a Tone Match block. Then the cabinet will be sent to any free user cab slot.
6. Quit Cab-Lab 3 and open AX8-Edit. It now import the converted preset without a Tone Match block into your AX8 as you are used to. Place the Cab block and the appropriate user cabinet you imported a little while ago.
7. Save the preset and DONE! Enjoy this tutorial. Perhaps it will help you. :)
Note - I tried to import the converted SYX file directly into Axe-Manage Cabs without using Cab-Lab 3, but that didn't always work properly. Therefore, I recommend ALWAYS use Cab-Lab 3 to import the converted cabinet. Cab-Lab 3 Lite can also be used and will work fine!
I created guitar AX8 preset and IR inspired by 'Hexed' album by Children Of Bodom. You can download it for free HERE.
What is included:
- Fractal AX8 Preset-Cab bundle
- IR for Cab-Lab 3
- IR for other Fractal units
- IR in WAV format
If you are interested in the tone match of any guitar sound, you can get it HERE.