Dirk asked yesterday what is the reason to compare 2 things in the default setting. This is my answer. But this time no spoilers. :)
Setting is not the same in plugin and AX8. I did it the way I liked it and as close as possible.
- Exacting emulation of the original Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor and approved and endorsed by Peter Reardon – the founder of Shadow Hills Industries himself.
- A selection of three different types of output transformers - Nickel, which adds a nice top end sparkle. Iron which adds a little character in the mid's, and Steel which adds additional harmonic distortion.
- separate Optical and Discrete compression sections for two-stage compression techniques.
- Stereo and dual-mono modes
- BRAINWORX Plugin Only Features added to the Toolbar:
- Parallel Mix
- Sidechain Filter - 20Hz - 666Hz (continuously variable 12 dB per octave high pass filter)
- External Sidechain